- See the sandstone floored forest with rock formations and natural ponds, as well as the open fields which turn into an endless sea of wildflowers when winter approaches
- View the prehistoric hand stencils at Phi Gong Goi cave and Ngon Taem
- Visit Bo Nam Bun, a natural spring which is the water source for the community
- Have an overnight stay at the homestay, as well as dinner with the hosts and learn about their lifestyles and their herb gardens
- Follow the Khmer scripture on the forest floor, which is well-believed to hold ancient treasure (for those who can decipher the scripture)
- Visit Wat Yai Phu Anon
2 Days 1 Night trip
|13:00||Arrive at Ban Sa Som, attend a workshop on tie-dye.
Learn how to make dried grass brooms.
Visit the traditional rice group, watch a traditional rice production demonstration.
Discover the community herb garden / try the traditional milling.
|18:00.||Have group dinner at the homestay and enjoy some leisure time.|
|07:00||Enjoy breakfast at your village home.|
|08:00||Take a farm tractor cart to the trailhead, then walk the nature trail to explore the region’s rock formations and prehistoric paintings.|
|12:00||Have lunch and bid farewell to the hosts|
Time to Visit: All Year round, but the wildflower bloom peaks between early October to November
- Accommodation: THB 200/night/guest
- Food: THB 100/meal/guest
- Snacks: THB 30/break/guest
- Alms food: THB 50/set
- Show by youth group THB 1,200/show
- Drums Troupe: THB 2,000/show
- Tour guide: THB 1,200/group
- Natural tie-dye workshop: THB 1,300/group (or THB 30/guest for over 50 guests)
- Traditional herbs workshop: THB 1,300/group
- Rice milling workshop: THB 1,300/group
- Welcome ceremony: THB 900-1,200/group
- Farm tractor cart fee THB 300-500/trip (8 seater)
- Community charge: THB 1,000/group
Sa Som Homestay
Khun Pinitnan Thongsoem Tel. 085-414-9176
Bangkok (Don Mueng Airport):
- Nok Air
- Thai AirAsia
- Thai Lion Air
Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport):
- Thai Smile Airways
Take a train from Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani. Then, take a white song taew to catch a tour bus to Khong Chiam by Ubon – Chong Mek route.
- Thai Rental Car
- Wattana Car Rent